Friday, November 09, 2018

Come Back

The pupils forgot to dilate,
my heart settled to beat slower...
perhaps, my blood got colder?
My senses were rarely alert
and never reached any high.

I was desperate and helpless.
I could not realize what I missed.
I was searching for something
to fill the void, not knowing what.

I was shoved around and
thrown into a perpetual dismay.
With convictions thrown astray
my ship sunk into diffidence.
I felt like I lost my voice
and my power to reason and say.

My constants exclaimed
that I seemed to have aged.
In actual, I was rotting
and indulging in self-sabotage.

Today, realization dawned
and slung me
to heightened consciousness.
Like an ablution 
at the close of a tired day,
like being amidst 
the expanse of a calm blue sea,
like inhaling scentless 
whiff of mist atop a hill.

I notice that it's you.
Am so glad to have gotten you back,
and, most of all, am glad it was you...

Dear Euphoria!

No comments: