Tuesday, July 07, 2020

Red Silt

The next morning,
We see Red Silt...

On the road and roof tops, 
flat as well as slopes
of the poor and the riches.
In all the cracks and crevices.
On the drying clothes,
and the helping handrails.
On all of the resting vehicles.
Beneath our feet and
as part of our breath.

As part of our emotions...
Of expressive neighbours, 
few full of curses, and
a few of logic aplenty. 
Of unexpressive silence, telling 
of neither apathy nor empathy.
And some visible silence, 
either out of helplessness 
or of forgiveness.

The house that stood so tall
has now scattered itself
as dust, silt, and other forms,
after trying its best 
to resist two days of 
purposeful bulldozing.


~ June 04, 2020

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am Priyanka. I am an admirer of your blogs. I've read most of your posts in a few days. And I am amazed by your work. I found this blog when searching for a translation of the song "nenjil jil jil" which was excellent by the way. When reading your blog, I had some difficulties with some words and had to search them up, you are very well-spoken and thanks to you I have learnt many english words. It is very hard for me speak like you do, though I do everything I can to be great with the words. It will be great if you could give me some advice. Or any book suggestions ?
Keep up the great work ma'am.
I look forward to your reply and thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Priyanka

reNUka said...

Hi Priyanka, Thank you for your encouraging words! It would certainly help me...
Wrt usage of difficult words, I can empathize to a certain extent. I have got the same feedback before. :-P
Wrt improving language, I don't think I am in a position to advice. If your still insist, among the few, at the top would certainly be reading good books. Reading preference varies; so I do not want to give suggestions. Wrt writing, it's beginning to write about what you observe, and to keep writing.
Thank you again!