Thursday, October 14, 2021

Breakdown Moon


The last few days, I've been
at the brink
of a breakdown.

Every night, I catch just a glimpse
of you from my terrace.
I shy away from you...
you, the red moon,
you, the fury face of night earth.

You try to goad me steadfast
out of this cruel mental slumber.
I can't help ponder, why, everyday,
I evade you, like
a desire I ought to have forbade.

All I seem to wish for, is
to forget to remember.
I stay glued to my inertia,
and grow the indifference,
like it's some indulgence.

The day I forsake
and shook me awake, I come
to see you a little longer.
I search you in the clouds yonder,
to tell you that I owe it you. Alas,
your fury face is not seen.

I persist and pace the night terrace
and feel each of the thirsty red roof tile
that I drenched hours ago,
waiting to sing an ode a mile.
I wonder, about how quickly, you dilute,
from fervent red to a radiant white.

But, today, your fury face is not seen yet.
Tell me, the shining,
when will I see you again?


~ Oct 08, 2020

No comments: