Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Today's Moon Story



No blinding lights to pain my eyes
No buzzing mosquitoes to hug my elbows
A pair of white birds doing a ballet
on a night sky flooded with mindless clouds

Appreciating the perfect-half milk-moon
I listen to a playlist that makes me sway
and throw my arms up in the air, unawares.
With a spirited feeling song after song,
I levitate and feel like I've reached the skies.

Now, my fickle mind dances to its tune.
It looks hard at the moon,
and at the impulsive heart,
concluding that the eye calls it perfect
only when it sees more.

Quickly, the mind's resident debater retorts:
No way! It's the seventh day.
It is as perfect as the slashed half of
a swiftly darting ball approaching the sword
in the grips of a doubted warrior.

By now, the moon sinks low.
It let the wicked clouds engulf it.
Perhaps, it heard my fickle-minded words?

A disheartened me looks again longingly...
Soon, the clouds shrink and become
the moon's brilliant soft halo,
and revealing a perfect half
of shimmering gold.


~ Oct 23, 2020

No comments: