Friday, June 05, 2020

My New Super Power



It is almost 3 am.
I count 3578, 3579, 3580... inside my head.
I have already come two full circles.
From being supine, to my left, 
to my right, and am now on my back.

Rewind to 1 am. 
I start on an hour-long self-inquisition, 
and write down my to-do list.
Satiated, I hit the bed.

Innumerous ideas and action items
related to unconnected threads
continue to pour in.

After a few minutes of restlessness
I remember the sleeplessness tip:
count one to hundred
and you would be asleep by 99.

Seriously! Whatever...

Anyways, here's how I discovered 
my new super power:

As I start to exercise and 
count my reps, 
I get drifted away and 
begin to reflect very lucidly 
about all the strangeness of life.
And yet, surprisingly I realise 
when it's time to change the rep...
Like there's some timer 
running inside my head.

No comments: